Rewind Festival has announced the epic line up for their 10 year anniversary extravaganza with more acts on the bill and vibrant entertainment than ever before across nine days. Acts confirmed to perform across the festivals three events include The Jacksons, Kool & The Gang, Status Quo, OMD and Nik Kershaw.
Click HERE for our interview with Nik Kershaw.
Ever since Rewind made its glittery debut at Henley-on-Thames in 2009, over 140 acts have graced the stage playing countless hours of hits that have soundtracked and shaped a generation. As of 2014, the hugely popular festival has expanded to three different locations, rapidly becoming the highlight of the year for thousands of devoted fans.
Rewind has celebrated the careers of beloved legends such as Rick Astley, Bananarama, Jason Donovan, Kim Wilde, Boy George, and many more. This year’s line up sees the return of the stars who graced the stage at the inaugural festival including Kim Wilde, Midge Ure, Nik Kershaw, Heaven 17, Billy Ocean, Howard Jones, T’Pau, Doctor and The Medics, and China Crisis.
Says Kim Wilde: “I always look forward to the amazing Rewind audiences, still loving the 80s and making us all feel 21 again! Rewind have always made sure the audience comes first, and have created a safe and fun playground for families and people of all ages. The atmosphere at Rewind is the best I’ve ever experienced and I’m always so proud to be on stage singing with all the artistes who’s records I still have in my vinyl collection. Happy 10 Years Rewind, you’ve done us all proud!”
Read about Kim Wilde's appearance with Lawnmower Death at Download Festival 2016 HERE.
Nik Kershaw adds: "I've loved being part of the Rewind family and am thrilled to be performing at this year's 10th anniversary gathering on Temple Island Meadows. Happy birthday Rewind South. Let's make it a big one!”
Francis Rossi of Status Quo says: “The band are big fans of the Rewind Festivals, there’s always a great atmosphere and a welcoming crowd, so we can’t wait to take to the stage at Rewind Scotland and play some of everyone’s favourite Quo classics! See you there!”
Click HERE for eonmusic's exclusive interview with Status Quo.
Toyah Willcox says: "There is nothing quite like Rewind. The atmosphere is electric every time. So many brilliant artists on one stage in front of the happiest, bopping festival goers. My favourite memories? Holly Johnson, Marc Almond, Jimmy Somerville, The Quo and many more. I've played many times and loved every moment, but Henley 2016 will always stick in my mind. On one of the rare occasions it rained, to witness 20,000 umbrellas pogoing up and down was a joy! Rewind proves great music is eternal."
Carol Decker of T’Pau adds: "In 2009 I performed at the very first ever Rewind Festival in Henley on Thames. It was so exciting to help launch a new festival celebrating the fantastic era T'pau was so much a part of. I live locally so it was a very special, personal experience. My children aged 10 and 7 at the time came on stage with me and waved to their school friends and neighbours. I am delighted to take the stage again in 2018 and celebrate Rewind’s 10th anniversary.”
Howard Jones said: "I always look forward to playing the Rewind festivals. The fans give all the artists such a warm reception. I’ve seen so many brilliant performances over the years; The Boomtown Rats and Heaven 17 to name just two and I look forward to many more this year!"
Finally, Doctor of Doctor & The Medics add: "Performing at Rewind is always phenomenal, but I have also been lucky enough to compere at a number of them. As compere, you get time to really know the crowd, crew, artists and everyone involved. The overwhelming feeling you get is one of togetherness with a unique energy and vibrancy that makes it very special to be part of. From the stage, the crowd presents an amazing spectacle; so much so that a new word has entered the English vocabulary... Rewinders! And I am proud to be amongst them. So come and Rewind with us!"
There is no decade like the 80s – the music, the fashion, the energy and spirit continue to influence every facet of popular culture. Its impact has never been more profound than now in the festival’s tenth year.
Event organiser, Katt Alexander at Broadwick Live says: “The Rewind team is really excited to stage the 10th edition of the festival, and celebrate our birthday up and down the country at all three festivals with our fantastic crowd. With a line up packed full of iconic artists proving that this music really is forever, 2018’s events promise to build on the huge popularity of the festival to date. Alongside favourite music, we will be taking the festival to new heights with more performances, entertainment and experiences than ever before.”
This year sees events taking place in Scotland, and northern and southern England. Details can be found below, with ticketing and further information available by clicking the appropriate link.
Like this story? Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter for regular updates & more of the same.
Rewind Scotland 2018
Scone Palace, Perthshire, Scotland
- Friday 20 July – Forever Stage: Hipsway, Magic Nostalgic and more.
- Saturday 21 July – Main Stage: OMD, Gipsy Kings, Martha Wash, Odyssey, Roland Gift, Tiffany, Kim Appleby, Howard Jones, Peter Hook & The Light, Roachford, The Skids.
- Sunday 22 July – Main Stage: Status Quo, Bonnie Tyler, Midge Ure, Heaven 17, Imagination, A Flock of Seagulls, Wendy James of Transvision Vamp, UB40, The Boomtown Rats, The Selecter, Hue & Cry.
Rewind North 2018
Capesthorne Hall, Cheshire
- Friday 3 August – Forever Stage: Roachford, Magic Nostalgic and more.
- Saturday 4 August – Main Stage: The Jacksons, Marc Almond, Leo Sayer, Kim Appleby, Tiffany, The Fizz, Captain Sensible, Billy Ocean, Howard Jones, Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel, The Undertones. Hosted by The Doctor.
- Sunday 5 August – Main Stage: OMD, Bonnie Tyler, Midge Ure, Heaven 17, Imagination, Wendy James of Transvision Vamp, Doctor & The Medics, Musical Youth, The Boomtown Rats, Soul II Soul, Big Country, Hue & Cry. Hosted by The Doctor.
Rewind South 2018
Temple Island Meadows, Henley-on-Thames
- Friday 17 August – Forever Stage: Neville Staple, Magic Nostalgic and more.
- Saturday 18 August – Main Stage: Kool & The Gang, Shalamar, Marc Almond, Midge Ure, Nik Kershaw, Chesney Hawkes, Jason Donovan, Odyssey, Billy Ocean, Howard Jones, The Orchestra Starring ELO Former Members, From The Jam. Hosted by Toyah Willcox.
- Sunday 19 August – Main Stage: OMD, Jimmy Somerville and The Rewind Big Band, Kim Wilde, Heaven 17, Roland Gift, T’Pau, Wang Chung, Doctor & The Medics, Thompson Twins’ Tom Bailey, Paul Carrack, China Crisis, Roachford. Hosted by The Doctor.
To keep up to date with all things Rewind visit the official site, twitter, and facebook.